A home is usually the single largest investment that most people make in their lives. Achieving your dream can be made easier by taking advantage of various Government Programs for home buyers and property owners. Some of the programs are targeted to first-time buyers, while others apply more generally. Other programs benefit those in the industrial, commercial and multi-unit property market. Your REALTOR® can provide information on these programs and help you to determine your eligibility.
Government Programs for Home Buyers
- First-Time Home Buyers’ Tax Credit
- CMHC Purchase Plus Improvements Program
- RRSP Home Buyers' Plan
- 5% Down Payment Program
- GST/HST New Housing Rebate
- Land Transfer Tax Rebates
- Ontario Energy and Property Tax Credit
Government Programs for Property Owners
- Residential Rehabilitation Assistance Program
- GST/HST Residential Rental Property Rebates
- Rent Increase Guidelines
- ecoENERGY Retrofit – Homes Program
- Ontario Home Energy Audit Program
At the Oakville, Milton and District Real Estate Board our Members stay in touch and deal with political actions that could impact our profession and the clients we serve. We actively participate on matters of federal, provincial and municipal legislation affecting the real estate profession. We advise our board of directors and membership on matters of importance and oversee ongoing communications with all levels of government and maintain communication with the Ontario Real Estate Association (OREA) and the Canadian Real Estate Association (CREA).
As an organized association we have taken on the responsibility of providing the general public with information about legislation that affects consumers.
- Sales Tax Harmonization
- Competition Bureau
- Realtors® Urge Candidates To Strengthen Home Ownership
- Realtors®: A Fair LTT Rebate For First Time Home Buyers
- Home Ownership Matters